Safari Club International Foundation ensures the future of wildlife through conservation, education, and hunting.
Every donation helps to further these programs.
The time is NOW to support wildlife and help us spread the facts about hunter-led, science-based conservation efforts around the world.
In 2022 our Conservation Department has worked closely with critical stakeholders to determine areas in most need that we can impact to ensure the future of wildlife and the future of hunting. A few examples include:
- Leopard Conservation
- Regions that allow leopard hunting show healthy leopard populations (sustainability), but lack of large-scale data threatens sustainable use. Without funds from leopard hunting many wildlife-friendly wildlands would be lost and repurposed. We are directing a large-scale, repeatable, scientifically defensible study on leopard abundance and the impact of hunting.
- CWD: Chronic Wasting Disease
- Regardless your personal views on CWD, we have seen too many instances of policy makers using CWD as an excuse to change laws that restrict hunters when there is no scientific basis for it. SCI Foundation refuses to sit on the sideline and let this happen to wildlife and to hunters. We are invested in CWD for the long-term to ensure the most accurate data is available to policy makers to encourage science-based decision making.
- Bear Conservation
- Increases in bear populations have increased human-bear conflicts. Bear hunting is also under threat in many areas based on social factors. A lack of information about bear populations & ecology is limiting opportunities for sustainable use. SCIF is working to decrease human-bear conflicts and filling knowledge gaps with science-based data collection.
- Illegal harvest of wild animals for local consumption or international sale is a leading threat to biodiversity and to populations of vulnerable species. Often these unregulated practices are what media falsely portray as “hunting” to encourage emotional support for decreasing your hunting opportunities.
- AWCF: African Wildlife Consultative Forum
- The AWCF is a cornerstone event for SCIF and key venue for important stakeholders in hunting and conservation of African wildlife. With input from government authorities, NGO’s, professional hunters, community leaders and scientists, AWCF is the premier sustainable-use conference in Africa. With AWCF now in its 20th year funded entirely by SCIF, it remains a key component of our long-term strategy on the continent.
- International Affairs
- International conventions and regulatory bodies remain key to the long-term viability of international hunting and the role hunting can play in biodiversity conservation. SCIF is active in the Conservation on International Trade in Endangered Species of Fauna and Flora (CITES) where we work tirelessly with range countries to maintain trade where appropriate and consistent with conservation. We are also members of the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN), the leading international organization dealing with conservation and biodiversity worldwide.
Together, we know we can turn the tide and create a healthier future for wildlife while preserving our valued traditions of hunting. The clock is ticking, and we need your continued support – Please donate today!
Safari Club International Foundation is a Nevada entity formed for wildlife conservation, outdoor education, and humanitarian programs around the world. Any contribution may be tax deductible under Internal Revenue Code section 170(c) as a charitable contribution to the extent permitted by law. Please check with your tax advisor. EIN 86-0292099.