Supporting the Cause
You can help conserve wildlife and educate the next generation about the importance of hunting, potentially reducing your tax burden, by making a gift to SCIF from your IRA.
If you are 70 1/2 or older, you may take advantage of this opportunity to rollover a portion of your IRA savings, helping our cause while minimizing your tax implications. If you’re in a financial position where you do not need to use your required minimum distribution, you can make a gift of up to $100,000 this year from your IRA to further the mission of SCIF.
Contact your financial adviser to see if this option is a good fit for you.
Keep in mind…
With an IRA Rollover Gift to SCIF:
- You pay no income tax on the distribution.
- You make a very meaningful charitable gift to one of your favorite causes.
- You become a member of SCIF’s Heritage Society.
- You can use your IRA to fund programs that are meaningful to you.
When you take a required minimum distribution:
- You pay income taxes on your distribution.
- You may increase your tax bracket.
- You may not need the money.
If this sounds like an option for you, contact your financial advisor and get started. Then let us know, so we can work with you on the best use of your donation to help further our efforts.
For more information about making a gift to SCIF from your IRA, contact Kimberly Byers at KByers@safariclub.org (520) 620-1220 Ext. 322.
Thank you for your commitment to wildlife conservation and education and our great hunting traditions.